We believe the family was instituted by God. It is our job to grow and establish our families based on His principles. If the parent(s)/child relationships are not well grounded in the the faith and firmly established, then Monroeville Christian Church will not be a strong church. For this reason, Monroeville Christian Church is committed to helping marriages be as strong as they can and helping families build on a firm foundation. We do this by offering various Bible studies, classes, programs and activities to strengthen the family. The following is a list of some of the things we do as a Church family on a regular basis.
1. Classes and Worship - We offer a variety of adult and youth classes for all ages each Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday evening.
2. Nursery - For families with babies, we provide competent nursery volunteers in our large and well maintained nursery room. Each adult volunteer has undergone criminal and child abuse history background checks.
3. Activities - There are a lot of special activities throughout the year for families. Some of these are fellowships, picnics, classes for married couples, service projects, and community outreach events.
The need for youth ministry is great in today's society. We are committed to providing ways for parents and child(ren) to mature in Christ alongside of other Christian friends and families.
Our philosophy concerning youth ministry: We want to instill in our youth biblical knowledge and wisdom beginning at a young age. We seek to teach them to become strong, committed Christians who can one day become leaders in the Lord's church as well as in society. We want them to be bold in proclaiming the "faith once for all delivered to the saints" (Jude 3). We desire that they will be "prepared to make a defense to anyone" who asks them for a reason for the hope that is in them and they are able to do it with gentleness and respect (I Peter 3:15). In order to help make this possible, we offer many opportunities for our youth to learn, interact, and grow spiritually with one another and with other Christian Church congregations throughout the year.
We also believe that the parents should be the main source of spiritual training and what is taught during church assemblies should always be a supplement to what is being taught in the home. We encourage parents to be involved in the youth classes, programs, and service projects so that they can lead by example.
In addition to our regular classes and meeting times, here are some of the youth/family events that we offer throughout the year:
1. Lock-in / Youth Rally
2. Snow Tubing
3. Ice Skating
4. Family Picnics
5. Family Kite Day
6. Family Bowling
7. Summer Camp - We sponsor our own summer camp.
8. Vacation Bible School
9. Family Corn Mazes
10. Halloween Alternative
11. Christmas Fruit Basket Service Project
12. College Student & Military Goodie Boxes Service Projects
13. Christmas Caroling
14. Christmas Eve Service
15. Mission Trips
16. 4th of July Parade
17. Community Day Booth